Wednesday, March 02, 2005

More practice...Multiple photos in a single post

This time, I am trying to figure out how to post multiple photos within one entry. I will take yesterdays meals and try to document them chronologically.

Breakfast yesterday morning (and pretty much every morning ) was scrambled eggs on toast with salsa.


well, it looks like that one worked!

After breakfast, I pulled out the dinner ingredients, destined for the crockpot. Short ribs slow-cooked with red wine, thyme, garlic etc.

Browned off the shortribs, then reduced red wine and beef stock, steeping the fresh thyme in it. Everything got poured into the crockpot, I flicked the switch and headed out the door for a little excursion to Whole Foods.
My friend Katie joined me and we decided to have lunch at Whole Foods. Just an overwhlemin array of choices. I ended up with Tofu, stir fried veggies and udon noodles. She did a goat cheese and portobello panini. This is my noodle bowl after I finished lunch. It was huge!!


Because it was Tuesday, the Arts Club was on the route, and after several Gin and Tonics, we headed home to enjoy the short ribs. I served them with a micro pasta and broccoli.


Apparently I need to work on plating when I am tipsy. That is one messy plate. And I can see a bit of meat on the counter!

This experiment seems to have gone well. Coming soon: Using Links In Posts!

3 comments:

Cate said...

Those short ribs look great - care to share the recipe?

linda said...

Sweetnicks, I kind of made up the recipe, but I would be happy to share my technique.
4 beef shortribs(bones and all) (about 3lbs)
salt & pepper
2 cups beef stock
1 cup red wine
bunch fresh thyme
3 garlic cloves, peeled and bruised
1 shallot, peeled and halved (I woudl have used onion, but I didn't have any on hand)
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 tespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon coriander seeds

- Season short ribs with salt & pepper and brown in a skillet, 2 min/side or so. Place in crockpot.
-Deglaze skillet with wine and stock. Add the bunch of fresh thyme and simmer for 10 minutes or so. Pour through a strainer into the crockpot. The meat does not need to be covered. In fact, it is best if the liquid only comes halfway up the side.
-Cook on low for about 8 hours.
I served mine with micro pasta and broccoli and I defatted the cooking liquid and drizzled a little over the short ribs on the plate.

California Sister said...

Well, my dear, this is terrific...very impressive. Love your photos. The food looks appetizing, too.
Keep up the good work.