Thursday, May 24, 2007

Wednesday

 

The first of the year's fresh salmon is in! Rob picked up a beautiful piece from Longliner on Granvile Island for me to cook for dinner. I love salmon so I always cook it as simply as possible and Rob loves the crispy skin on salmon, so I always sear the skin side. My technique is not for the squeamish though ~ I happen to prefer my salmon medium rare.
Season Salmon with salt. Place skin side down in a cast iron pan over medium high heat. After 3 minutes, flip, cook one minute on the flesh side. Serve. This is what the inside of my salmon looks like.
 

Served with steamed broccoli and herbed quinoa.

I am off today (!!) so Rob and I heading out for a picnic at the beach. I'll try not to get too sunburned...

1 comment:

Brilynn said...

That salmon is a wonderful colour.