Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Abigail's Party

So, I was unable to prepare my evening meal yesterday; here is a restaurant review I have been saving up.....

Clockwise from top left; sweet potato frites with sea salt, gnocchi with olives and goat cheese, goat cheese pave with roasted garlic, antipasto platter.
Abigail's Party is a reasonably new Kitsilano restaurant and was selected as a restaurant that could please vegetarians and carnivores at the same time. The drink menu almost impressed me more than the food; a page of amazing sounding cocktails. In fact, they sounded so good, we didn't even flinch at the 8$ price tag ~ thankfully, they lived up to the hype.
I personally found the food to be slightly hit and miss; the warm marinated olives were so good, I couldn't stop eating them, but the antipasto platter left me cold (I suspect most of the items on the platter were from a jar). I think the goat cheese pave with roasted garlic was my favourite; rich, decadent melting cheese, lots of roasted garlic.
The room was small, but didn't feel uncomfortable and I was very appreciative of the fact that they were able to seat a party of six with no reservation. However, they kept running out of menu items, which was excessively annoying.
If for no other reason, go for the cocktails!

No comments: