Monday, February 05, 2007

Lazy Food



I had the best of intentions last night... I was going to come home and make myself a healthy dinner from a link that was given to me ~ Super Foods Super You.
I worked a catering job yesterday, 12-6pm, a 60th birthday surprise party in a cute house in the Southlands area. It was hard. The most demanding job I have worked yet! Tons of heavy lifting and stairs, people who want to be in the kitchen because that is where the action is, making it hard for me to move, etc. I actually slipped on the wet wooden stairs as I was caring something out to the catering van. Refusing to let go of the bin I was carrying, I fell on my side, wrenching my back and bruising my butt and ego.
I was so tired by the time I got home, all I could do was heat up a can of lentil soup and a cute little screwtop of wine that was sent to me. I crawled into the recliner with my trashy supper and watched "Grease: the One That We Want" for three hours. I promise tonight's dinner will be more exciting.

Editing for the smart@&& in the comment section ;D

The menu at this birthday party consisted of:
Sablefish cakes with preserved lemon and porcini mayo
Parmesan Crisps with Zinfandel Poached Pears
Cucumber cups with Thai Spiced Beef
Lamb Lollipops with mint aioli
Ancho Chili Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dip
Moroccan Spiced Chicken Kebabs with Quince and Pomegranate Molasses dip
Salad Rolls with Lime Chili Dip

There were assorted platters on the buffet:
Gourmet Meat and Cheese Platters
Market Veg Basket (VEggies and Dip)
Smoked Salmon and Smoked Trout platter
Guacamole, Salsa and Chips
Fruit Platter

Dessert was a Banana Chiffon Cake with Milk Chocolate Buttercream

Not a drop of tapioca to be seen ;P

2 comments:

kickpleat said...

one day i plan on riding my bike to southlands and back just to see what all the fuss is about! my friend rode out there a few years ago and said it was all horses and wealthy homes. too bad your day ended so badly, but sometimes a trashy supper is the ultimate cure-all.

wheresmymind said...

60th birthday...was tappioca involved??