Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Preserved Lemon and Garlic Rubbed Roast Pork

 

Preserved Lemon and Garlic Rubbed Roast Pork
1 1/2lb pork rib roast (I bought a larger one and cut it in half ~ budget cutbacks)
1/2 preserved lemon, flesh removed and peel minced fine
4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
2 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
1 tbsp smoked fleur de sel(this is optional, I just happened to pick some up on sale recently. Any salt will do)

Preheat oven to 400F
Rub roast with seasoning ingredients. Place in oven and roast 15mins, then reduce heat and roast a further 1 1/2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 145F. Rest 5 -10 minutes. Slice and serve!

I have been feeling a budget crunch lately, so this meal was inspired by my need to buy inexpensive meat AND use leftovers (the yam cakes were made with leftover mashed yams). And from the roast, I have leftover meat which will go into tonights dinner.

1 comment:

Erika W. said...

Oh! Thanks so much for the recipe Linda. It looks perfect and I happen to have everything on hand. Well, except the smoked salt. Wonder if DH could do that himself?