Which was a good way to get me back in the posting habit ~ school's out for two weeks and I have been lazy. So, courtesy of Sweetnicks, here goes...
1. Total number of cookbooks I’ve owned:15
2. Last cookbook(s) I bought: The Rival Crockpot book ~ secondhand. It was only 50 cents!
3. Last cookbook I read:The new Mario Batalia one, can't think of the title off the top of my head. Can't wait to borrow it and try some of the recipes.
4. Five cookbooks that mean a lot to me:
a. Mes Confitures: my most expensive cookbook purchase. It never fails to inspire me.
b. Fresh: the cookbook I have used the most ~ beautiful pictures and sophisticated yet simple seasonal recipes.
c. Joy of Cooking: Its a classic. The first cookbook I ever owned. I learned the basics from JOC.
d. The Oxford Companion to Food: Not a cookbook, per se, but my parents recentlt purchased this for me and it is the most comprehensive source of food information. Not to mention constant reminder of the faith my family has in my abilities.
e. My filed magazine collection: spanning 5 years of Gourmet, Bon Appetit, Food and Wine and Cooking Light. I will find a recipe every time i open up one of those three ring binders.
5. Which 5 people would you most like to see fill this out in their blog?
NancyLand Vancouver Foodie Fun, Em at TravelingEm (if she has the time), Susan at 5 Recipes... and I think the other two I would pick have already done it: Sweetnicks and Taste Everything Once.