Thursday, August 31, 2006

Fajitas!

Thank you for bearing with my indulgent posting of links; what can I say, I have a warped sense of humour!
I convinced Rob to make me Fajita's for dinner last night. I just love that whole "roll your own" thing ;D I made the marinade for the steak the night before, using the following recipe. We simply skipped the step where you grill it and instead, cooked it stovetop.

TerryTX's Chipotle Lime Flank Steak

1 (1 1/2 lb) flank steak
4 chipotle chiles canned in adobo
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup (anout 1/2 of a bunch) chopped cilantro
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons garlic oil
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
salt and fresh ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients for marinade. Marinate flank steak in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight. Remove steak from marinade and reserve marinade.

Grill or broil to desired degree of doneness.

Meanwhile, as steak is grilling, bring marinade to a boil and boil until slightly reduced and thickened. Serve sauce over thinly sliced steak.

1 comment:

wheresmymind said...

Oh man...that marinade looks great...gotta lvoe the adobo!