Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Arms Reach Bistro

Rob and I took a little trip out to Deep Cove on Sunday, taking in the beautiful views. It was so much quieter and slower paced out there; we plan to go back to Cates Park at some point.


We had a lunch at a small bistro overlooking the water. It seemed like the only game in town and I am glad we gave it a chance. Rob had a Bacon, Avocado and Cheese Sandwich and I had a Shaved Pork Loin Sandwich with caramelized apples and shallots and watercress.

My sandwich was incredible; tender pork, so flavourful too. The bread was perfect; crisp, but not cut your gum crunchy. The best part though, were the fries. Handcut, homemade, liberally peppered......

When I got home, I googled the restaurant and was surprised to find at least 3 blog references to it; and here I thought I was on to something new!
I Heart Bacon
ongoing
mealme.com

4 comments:

Deetsa said...

Hmmm... I recognized the area but I've never been to the restaurant. My grandparents used to live in Deep Cove.

wheresmymind said...

Avocado and cheese always seems like a good idea, but the creamy texture and great flavor of avocado always cancels out the cheese taste for me *shrug* (not that I'd ever ask them to take it off mind you!!) hehe

Anonymous said...

The Fries sound so good right now!

Lisa said...

Mmm, that pork sandwich looks and sounds extra good. Coincidentally, I have a pork loin roast in my fridge right now! Hmm...wonder how they cooked it.

OK, I'm having a terrible time getting Blogger to post this comment. So if it shows up three times or something, you'll know what happened. Grrr.