Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Healthy Lunch

I think this qualifies as a healthy lunch. I blame a lot of my snacking issues on two factors; work and my lack of solid lunches. I tend to skim over lunch, grab a bite in passing, even turn lunch into a snack, which results in all sorts of low blood sugar issues and crankiness. Today, I made it home from work early enough to whip this up.

1 egg
4 egg whites
1/2 red pepper, diced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
salt and pepper
1 tbsp salsa

heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat. Saute red pepper and onion till soft, remove from pan. Beat eggs, season with salt and pepper and pour into pan. Cook gently, lifting edges and allowing uncooked egg to flow underneath. When the eggs are almost set, add peppers and onions and fold eggs over to create a half moon. Transfer to serving dish and top with salsa.


I should also mention that I have a new computer!! which is part of my issues with blogging; having trouble getting all my old blogging tools to work.

1 comment:

wheresmymind said...

I'd take a lunch like that anyday of the week!