Monday, February 06, 2006

Scampi


This recipe was shared with me a few years back by someone from the CLBB. Shortly after they shared the recipe, they disappeared from the boards, so I have no idea if they ever got my note of thanks.

Shrimp Scampi
4 tsp olive oil (did not measure ~ it was a glug or two)
12 med. garlic cloves, crushed (this came to about 1/3 cup crushed garlic)
1 c. dry red vermouth
2 c. diced tomatoes (4 roma tomatoes)
1 1/2 lb. large shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 c. chopped FRESH parsley
Several drops hot pepper sauce
salt
fresh ground pepper


Shrimp Scampi directions: Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over med. high heat. Saute the garlic for a few seconds, then add the red vermouth and tomatoes. Cook for 5 min. Add the shrimp and cook for 3 min., or until shrimp are pink. Season with hot pepper sauce, fresh parsley (all of it!), salt, and pepper to taste. Divide between 4 plates (or two and Rob's lunch box).

1 comment:

Deetsa said...

Well, I guess that shows my ignorance of spirits. I didn't know that vermouth could be red! Please don't let me be so stupid as to even be so backward and tell me that vermouth is ALWAYS red.

The scampi sounds just delish, Linda. I do love me some shrimp.