Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Spa Food Day One

Rob and I have been feeling really draggy lately and I was starting to wonder if our diets were lacking in the good stuff. So this week is Spa Food Week. Hopefully healthy and interesting meals that might get us feeling better soon!


Tuesday Night's meal was an experiment with TSP (Texturised Soy Protein). I made meatballs with the resuscitated tsp then simmered them in a roasted tomato and garlic sauce to top off my zucchini "fettucini". Along side that I served a grilled heart of romaine with an anchovey, garlic & basil dressing.

4 comments:

Sara said...

What did you think of the TSP? I've always been too scared to try it.

Erika W. said...

Grilled romaine? That sounds very intriguing. I'll have to remember that for grill season. Sounds like a great twist for a caesar salad.

Cat said...

a very good start to a spa food week! im looking forward to the rest :D

Unknown said...

sara, I actually like tsp. I have used it successfully in tacos and the meatballs were my second foray into TSP territory. I found they lost soemthing from simmering in the sauce, becoming a little softer and looser tahn I would have liked.