Sunday, March 12, 2006

Cooking With Bloggers

I love discovering new recipes from fellow food bloggers and Saturday night was no exception.

I was eyeing the jerk chicken over at Always in the Kitchen and when the recipe was shared I jumped at the opportunity to try it. I won't repost the recipe here ~ just head on over there to check it out. Rob commented that he wished it had cilantro in it, which I thought was quite amusing as there is a very specific note about resisting the cilantro urge added to the bottom of the recipe. It was an excellent sauce, not too hot, fresh flavours from all the lime juice. It paired so well with the coconut yams (whip together coconut milk and roasted yams. Season. Serve) I will use it again for sure, but it still isn't like Mr. Mark's Jerk Sauce though, so I will keep up the search for that elusive flavour combo on the side....
Thank you for sharing, Dawna and Palle.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks fantastic! And thanks for the tip about the coconut yams. I love coconut and will most definitely try this.

Do you use regular coconut milk?

Dawna said...

Wow! That was quick! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Palle's pretty particular about his jerk sauce, but you'll find there are so many variations out there. Personally, I wouldn't object to a little cilantro (just don't tell him)!

StaceyBelle said...

yum. that's funny, i was just thinking to make jerk chicken. might have to try this one.

Sara said...

Mmm, looks good. I just found a recipe for jerk chicken that I am hoping to try this week. The yams look good too...I've never had a yam, but maybe I'll give these a try.

Deetsa said...

That chicken looks like it has more flavour than you can shake a stick at. The yams and coco milk sounds good too. I'm a big fan of coconut.

Cat said...

ohhh chicken. it looks blackened and crispy mmm so lovely