Thursday, March 30, 2006

Seared Wild Salmon with New Potatoes & Dijon Broth


This recipe came from the April Bon Appetit, but I felt it necessary to seriously alter it. When it goes up on the site, I will post the link to the original recipe. I quite liked the result, very spring like and fresh tasting...

Seared Wild Salmon with New Potatoes & Dijon Broth

1 1/2 lb baby red potatoes
2 4-6oz salmon fillets
1cup dry white wine
2 large shallots
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3/4 c mushroom broth
2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
1lb baby spinach leaves
1tbsp olive oil

Boil red potatoes until cooked through. Cut in half
Combine wine, shallots, vinegar and broth in a heavy saucepan. Boil until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Stir in tarragon, dijon and new potatoes and keep warm.
Heat a metal skillet over high heat. Oil liberally and add the salmon, skin side down. Cook 3 minutes. Turn and finish for one minute.
While the salmon is cooking, wilt spinach. Place spinach in a bowl, add potatoes, top with salmon. Drizzle liberally with broth. Eat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks fantastic! Good for you for adapting the recipe to suit your tastes ... you did a great job!

Deetsa said...

whimper.... I hope salmon season is better this year. I would like to enjoy this little bit of heaven I see on your page.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I really like the look of that!!! I could eat salmon everyday!