Thursday, May 11, 2006

Feeling Crappy

In a bit of a change, yesterday was a physically difficult day. My stomach decided to rebel and I spent the day at work in so much pain I couldn't even eat lunch. Feeling all miserable and sorry for myself, I stopped on the way home at Barbara Jo's and had a cup of tea (very good tea, they sell it there) then came home and moped around a bit. Rob indulged me for supper with one of my favourite stomach easing meals.


After a nice runny egg on toast supper and lots of water, I felt tons better and by 9 pm I was ravenous again! Someone should research the healing power of runny eggs.

7 comments:

KnifeSkills said...

I love runny eggs too. The egg is such a perfect food--it's amazing the number of things you can make with eggs.

Take it easy. Hope you feel better soon.

Nerissa said...

Runny eggs are the best! Especially on toast. No... only on on toast. My fiance cannot understand why I feel I must have a nice bit of toast with my poached egg on top. Is there anything better than toasted wheatey taste mixed with thick rich yolk?

wheresmymind said...

I can't think of another way to eat a runny egg than either on or next to some toast!

Dawna said...

Eggs on toast = classic! I hope you're feeling better (both ways). Emotional exhaustion can easily become physically overwhelming, too.

kickpleat said...

i can't eat runny eggs anymore! when i was a kid, i couldn't get enough of it. i wonder why the change now...only over-hard for me.

Catesa said...

are those poached? i would love to learn how to poach eggs, i love over easy with the yolk nice and runny. Glad to hear you're feeling better too :)

D said...

Just wanted to say thanks. You posted a comment to me and came at the right time. :)

Perhaps someday our paths will cross. Martini's on me!