Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Roasted Veggie Quesadillas

Well, those of you who know me, know that I have a weakness for twoonie tuesdays at our local bar. And after a couple cheap gins, the last thing I want to do is cook. Tonight was a new recipe and I ended up trying it out on guests. The recipe was inspired by the Rebar Cookbook, but I doubt that it bears little resemblance to the original. I pre~roasted the veggies and chorizo before my marathon jam~making session today and just assembled when we got back.

filling

For a post supper, late night munchie, I whipped up dessert quesadillas for the boys: strawberry, mint, black pepper jam and queso filling.

Roasted Vegetable Quesadillas
1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
1 japanese eggplant, diced
1 large red pepper, chopped
1 red onion, diced
3 Roma Tomatoes, diced
2 Chorizo sausages (optional)
Roast each item individually at 450F for 15-20 minutes (use your judgement). Combine.
1 chipotle in adobo sauce, diced
salt& pepper to taste
Stir the chipotle, salt & pepper into the roasted vegetables.
Shredded Cheddar
Queso
Tortillas
Build & then fry your quesadillas in a non-stick pan.

No comments: