Saturday, December 10, 2005

The final result....

The truffles are ALL dipped!! I am so happy I am done ~ that was a crazy mess.

Clockwise from top left ~ Peanut Butter Truffles; Blackberry Liquer Truffles; Gingerbread Truffles; White Chocolate Dipped Blackberry Liquer Truffles
The Gingerbread Truffle Recipe
1/2c whipping cream
5 whole allspice
5 whole cloves
1 tablespoon molasses
1 1/2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
4 oz bittersweet chocolate (used Lindt 85%)
4 oz white chocolate (used Lindt)
1/3 c unsalted butter
1/4 c chopped crystalised ginger

Bring first 7 ingredients just to the boil, Remove from heat and steep for one hour. Combine the chocolates in a double boiler and melt; remove from heat. Add butter. Strain cream mixture into chocolate and stir to combine. Chill.
Once truffle mix is set, use a melon baller to scoop out small balls. Chill again, then dip in chocolate of yoor choice.

6 comments:

Joe said...

Man does that look fantastic - I'd love to go into a sugar coma eating some of that!

Unknown said...

Thanks Joe! I don't think I can actually eat any of the truffles ~ I am so overpowered by the smell of melted chocolate!

Deetsa said...

Oooooh... I really hate you now! LOL I just gained ten pounds looking at those beauties and drooled on my clothes too...

Really, though, those are amazing looking! I can't wait to tell my sister and mom about them. I think they'll fall in love with the pictures too. :)

kickpleat said...

wow, those look amazing!!! i'm definitely going to try that out this holiday.

Cat said...

i just finished working out. and this is why i do it, to eat things looking THAT good YUM! such time and effort, must make them taste twice as good ;)

Anonymous said...

I haven't had the guts to tackle truffles yet...I'm VERY impressed!