Friday, December 02, 2005

Lavender Tangerine Salmon

I got to cook again tonight (savouring these last few days of culinary freedom) so I went for salmon. I also had a jar of Lavender Fleur De Sel on hand that I have been dying to use. The result:
Lavender Salmon with a Tangerine Beurre Blanc, Whole Wheat Couscous with Dried Cranberries, and Snap Peas.

Rob raved all the way through dinner and for about 5 minutes after.

Lavender Salmon with Tangerine Beurre Blanc

2 Salmon Fillets (6 oz)
Lavender Fleur de Sel ( if I didn't have this option, I would mix fleur de sel and cooking grade lavender)
Cracked Black Pepper
Olive oil
Zest and juice of one tangerine
tablespoon cold butter

Heat oil in a saute pan. Sprinkle salmon with salt and cracked back pepper and place flesh side down in the hot pan. Cook for 2.5 minutes, flip, continue cooking until done (I went a further two minutes). Remove salmon from pan; keep warm. Pour excess fat from pan and return to heat. Deglaze with tangerine juice, add zest and reduce slightly. Swirl in cold butter, spoon over salmon.

5 comments:

kickpleat said...

that sounds incredible!

Unknown said...

It was! I hope I can find the Lavender salt here in Vancouver. Rob is STILL telling me how wonderful dinner was ;D

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious and sooooo healthy. Were the fillets skinned first?

Unknown said...

Tania, we leave the skin on during cooking and take it off after ~ I think it keeps the fish from being too dry (but I could be crazy)

Dinnerware Sets said...

Great looking, healthy meal! I like the lavender twist to the salmon.