Saturday, May 06, 2006

Bean Salad with Sundried Tomatoes

After work yesterday, I ambled home, stopping at Barbara Jo's to say hi to my friend and to consult with her about dinner ideas. I was offered a cup of tea and some deadly sorbet or ice cream and I browsed the cookbooks in high style. I came across a recipe for a bean salad that I wanted to try out for dinner, but I wasn't in any sort of position to purchase the cookbook. Trying to imprint it on my mind, I came home to make it. My version isn't exact, but the spirit is there and I would happily purchase this cookbook at some point ~ the result was fantastic.

Bean Salad

1 c chopped red onion
1 c chopped celery
1/4 cup sundried tomato bits
1/4 c apple cider vinegar
1 can adzuki beans
1/3 cup diced smoked cheese ( I used a subtly smoked sheeps milk cheese)
1 tbsp rosemary
salt & pepper
4 cups baby spinach

Saute onion & celery, add sundried tomatoes and drained beans. Stir in vinegar, salt & pepper and rosemary. Let cool and stir in remaining ingredients.
Unfortunately, we ate it so fast that I didn't have time for a pic.

1 comment:

Deetsa said...

God this sounds so good. I love bean salads. I love sundried tomato. I love smoked cheese. I'd have to cook my adzuki beans but I have everything. That's a first! LOL