Thursday, October 26, 2006

Burgers and fries

I special requested homemade burgers from Rob last night. He doesn't have a recipe, but I know it involves 1/2 beef , 1/2 pork. The yam fries were also experimental ~ still trying to get a crispy yam fry without actually frying them!

I had a terrible sleep last night; I made the mistake of looking at my work list for today. I have at least six different hot times ~ this means that I have to have a complete meal for anywhere from 6-20 people ready at an allotted time. I have several soups, two different lasagna meals, a wild mushroom ravioli, Chicken cacciatore, beef borg, lemon risotto and seasonal vegetables, Beef Borg, mashed potatoes and seasonal veg, 22 pizzas and 11 pizzas. I think thats all, but I kept dreaming about it all night long. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

wheresmymind said...

That sounds like a super long day :Z

kickpleat said...

that burger looks great. and i don't mind yam fries on the soft side as long as there is something tasty to dip them into!

as for your night, i hate dreams like that. sorry. hope your day goes better!

Anonymous said...

ooooh yum, fried yams are the best. and homemade, yes yes please :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Linda,
Thank you for hosting WCB # 73. Hope to see more of Aggie this weekend. Here is my perma link http://misselliespage.blogspot.com/2006/10/halloween-cats-available-for-adoption.html (I didn't know where you wanted me to send it). I volunteer at the SPCA cat shelter in Charlottesville, Virginia. I love this autumn time of year best.
Take Care, and Have a Safe and Happy Halloween.
Love,
Bonnie in Virginia

Brilynn said...

I'm still working on non-friend crispy yams myself. If you wait long enough, the oven sometimes does a nice job. But I seem to be hit or miss on that one.

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you get the yam fries right. I've tried them a few times myself, but they just don't seem right - too soft, without the nice, crispy edges.