Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Leftovers

What happens when you prepare a 10lb roast for two? You get 9lbs of leftover meat!
I was also feeling less than enthused about preparing a gourmet feast. So I committed a crime against culinary snobbery. I made a beef "stroganoff" with SOME of the leftover beef (8lbs to go!). It was actually pretty darn good!


BEEF STROGANOFF

1/2 c. chopped onion
1lb sliced mushrooms
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 pt. sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup(+water)(I used a low-sodium one~ Amy's Organic is good)
1 lb leftover roast beef
Egg noodles, prepared as pkg. directs
Salt & pepper
2 tbsp. flour
1/2 c. milk
dill

If using leftover beef, start sauteing onion in 2 tablespoons butter, Add mushrooms and cook down. Add flour, milk, water and soup. Add beef and remaining ingredients, except sour cream, dill and noodles. Cook 10 minutes. Just before serving, add sour cream and dill. Serve over noodles.
Recipe adapted from Cooks.com

2 comments:

FoodNinja said...

I rock at roast beef.. Yours looks smashing too, I love the yorksire puddings...MMMMmmmmm

Sara said...

The stroganoff looks good, I haven't had that in years. We had a roast for dinner too, however we started in on the "Christmas Cheer" early and didn't notice the yorkshires burning.