Sunday, December 11, 2005

Tis the Season


Not sure why, but I go crazy for Christmas. I love lights, I love decorating, I love holiday baking and excuses to get together with friends.
This year, Rob and I decided to have a small gathering on the 17th and we started practicing food this weekend. We Auditioned:
Lavender Lemon Almonds
Anchovy Puffs
Westphalian Ham and Celeriac Canapes
Spiedini
I'll start with the almonds. I can't remember where I discovered the link to the original recipe~ it was on a blog somewhere. It was for Lemon and Salt Almonds, and I simply used my new obssesion, Lavender Sea Salt.

Roasted Almonds with Lemon and Salt
From Health

3 cups unblanched almonds
1 1/4 cups fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons Lavender Sea Salt (or equal parts Lavender and salt)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil

Preheat oven to 350°. Soak nuts in juice for 30 minutes. Remove nuts with a slotted spoon. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet.

Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Place the nuts in a large bowl; toss with salt and oil. Return nuts to baking sheet, and bake 10 minutes longer, or until lightly browned.



Yield: serves 10-12
Courtesy of Health.com

NUTRITION PER SERVING
CALORIES 158; FAT 13g (sat 1g,mono 8g,poly 3g); PROTEIN 5g; CHOLESTEROL 0.0mg; SODIUM 941mg; FIBER 3g; IRON 0.0mg

1 comment:

Deetsa said...

Mmm... never met an almond I didn't like. I'm sure I'd love them. I bet I'd be obsessed with lavendar sea salt too!

I hope your party is a great success!
You're holding it on the same day I'm flying down to Vancouver so I'll pretend it's for me. LOL