Saturday, October 01, 2005

Farmer's Market

Farmer's Market Season is almost over, so I crawled out of bed early to take advantage of one of the last weekends at Trout Lake. It was a beautiful marning, a soft mist rising off the lake, no sign of the torrential rain from a few days ago...
I scored lots of goodies, including a few treats for my Blogging By Mail partner, for whom my parcel will be woefully late...

When I got home, I threw together the traditional breakfast frittata. this week it featured Gravlax, capers, red onion, potato and dill, with a few slices of brie melting into it. Quite possibly teh most elegant frittata I have ever made.

Now, does anyone know if I can freeze gravlax? I was given a huge slab of it ( I actually prepared it for a TV demo one of the chef's from my school was doing and he let me take it home after) and there is only so much cured salmon a girl can eat....

1 comment:

Erika W. said...

Linda that fritatta is beautiful! I am also sad to see the farmer's market season come to an end.

I am glad your package got there safe and sound. And good luck with the new job! It must be so exciting to finally be "there". Best wishes!
Erika