Wednesday, July 06, 2005

NARC Day 2 ~ Corned Beef, etc

I learned today that I don't care for New England Boiled Dinners. Something about Corned beef just turns me right off. It ought to be in a sandwhich, not sliced in slabs on your plate, drenched in creamy horseradish sauce. All the same, I did take a picture.

My favourite part was the salad. A Watercress and Butter Lettuce Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette. First of all, I want to talk about the apple cider vinegar we used. It made my stuff I use at home look like plain white vinegar. A French Cider Vinegar, it was rich and fruity, almost balsamic~like. I for one, am converted. I made a simple oil and vinegar dressing out of it and tossed the watercress and butter lettuce in that. Finished the salad with dried cranberries, toasted hazelnuts and Granny Smith Apples.

On to the anecdote of the day. Remember the boy who stole my paring knife? Well, we had to work together again today. He looked at my paring knife, said "Oh, you found your knife?" I said yes and we left it at that. He knows that I know and also that I have no desire to make a big deal out of it. I hope. Who knows, he may be plotting my demise as we speak.

No comments: