Thursday, July 14, 2005

Sugar High Friday ~ Honey

Well, during my two weeks off of school, I got hooked into the blogging world. And when I saw the latest edition of SHF announced, I knew I had to get on the bandwagon. I mean, its honey!! How could a person resist. I obsessed over it for a few days, rolling ideas around in my head, trying a few things out etc. the final result:

Ginger~Honey Mangoes with Honey Mousse and Ginger~Honey tuille. Is that enough honey for you??
The honey mousse was lifted from an epicurious recipe, the tuilles were a two day trial and error project that required some assistance from my favourite forum,and the mangoes were a last minute addition, chosen for their appealing colour. I marinated them for about 12 hours in a a mixture of honey and ginger. Here are the recipes:
Honey Mousse lifted directly from the epicurious recipe.
Ginger Honey Tuilles
Honey tuile
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup honey
1 cups flour
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 egg whites
2 teaspoons ground ginger
Cream the room temp butter, blend in the honey and add the flour, ginger and sugar. Beat until smooth and chill.

Make a template of your desired shape. Spread the tuile batter thinly into this shape and repeat as many times as you can. Bake on a silpat mat at 300' until lightly golden, 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and wrap around a rolling pin or other round shape so that the ends overlap slightly and seal. When cool they will be set hard. Remove from form and set aside.


Nic said...

This looks great, Linda. Thanks for participating in this round of SHF!

Jennifer said...

The tuille is beautiful! I wish I had pastry chef talents.

Great entry.

Cate said...

Any chance on getting the Peanut Butter Sandies and the Shrimp Cake recipes from a few posts down?

Ana said...

Beautiful dessert Linda and very elaborate.

linda said...

Thank you all for the nice words! I obsessed over this entry, hence the ornateness.

Jennifer said...

Linda - I'm so glad you got hooked on the food blogging world! This dessert looks and sounds fabulous!

Thanks for joining in on SHF for the first time, and I hope to see you out again next month!