10 Things about me
1. I was bit by a dog when I was six and I am mortally terrified of most dogs to this day. I KNOW that they probably won’t bite me, but my deep down gut feeling tells me to watch them carefully. My scar has mostly faded but I can still feel it when I touch my face.
2. I am a University drop-out. I went to UBC after graduating with high marks from my high school in Victoria. And promptly lost interest. I frittered a year and $5000 away and ended up on academic probation. That’s when I realised I was wasting my time, money and energy on something I really wasn’t interested in.
3. I lived in England for several years. Went to high school there.
4. I wanted to be an actor. I took Theatre Studies when I lived in England, I was in plays and musicals. I just lost my confidence and chickened out when I moved back to Canada.
5. I talk to my parents on the phone every other week at least and correspond through email on an almost daily basis with my mom.
6. I am obsessed with grammar and how bad mine has become. I used to be a very disciplined writer ~ how do you think I managed to pull off A’s in all my English courses? But I seem to have forgotten the rules after 8 years of not being an academic. And it drives me up the wall ~ I know the sentence is wrong, I just can’t remember WHY or how to fix it!
7. I like marrow. You know that fatty gooey stuff inside lamb and beef bones? Think it’s gross? I used to, but I can’t get enough of it now.
8. I am a Sci-Fi Nerd. I love William Gibson books, Douglas Adam’s and have watched way more star trek than anyone in their right mind should. I don’t do the full on trekkie thing though.
9.I have been so broke that the only food I ate in a two week period was a zucchini I found by the side of the road and a couple packets of ketchup stolen from McDonalds. After losing 20 lbs ina month, I finally broke down and went to the foodbank. That was 7 years ago, but I still make a cash donation every year to the food bank. I feel like I owe it, you know?
10. I used to smoke like a fiend and drink 12 cups of coffee a day. And shake like a leaf. I quit 3 or 4 years ago.