Saturday, August 13, 2005

Oh Summer....

The weather has been incredible here for the last little while, but I haven't been able to enjoy it ~ what with work and school. I finished work today at 3:30, so Rob and I decided to head out for a picnic. This was the view from our spot. Sometimes I am so very grateful for where I live. It truly can be beautiful...

We started off slow, sipping viognier and eating a brie that defies description.

I'll try ~ it was creamy, almost like softened butter with a little kick of flavour you don't always find in mainstream brie. I have no idea where it was from, only that Rob purchased it at Les Amis De Fromage (less than a block from my house...right next to the Patisserie Lebeau and next to the soon to be Barbara Jo's), We followed that with classic picnic fair, fried chicken and potato salad (homemade of course) with some cribbage.

Finally, we wrapped things up with some prosciutto di parma and intensely sweet Okanagan melons

5 comments:

Little Mama said...

What a wonderful way to spend your afternoon. The spot and the food looked wonderful. It sounds like you live in a wonderful area.

Erika W. said...

Oh my Gosh! That brie looks decadent! What a wonderful afternoon- thank you for sharing. It inspires me to get out myself.

Joe said...

Great lookin spread! Sounds like such a fun way to spend the day.

Jennifer said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. The brie is making my mouth water!
Glad you were able to afford some time to enjoy the beautiful weather!

Cate said...

Sounds like a perfect afternoon!