Friday, November 25, 2005

Sugar High Friday/ Is My Blog Burning


A joint event this month and perfect for the season! I can't resist cookies ~ baking will pull me out of the deepest November Fog Funks and I plan to go all out this weekend. Came home from work this afternoon with 5lb of unsalted butter (sharing the cost of a case, not stealing) and immediately turned the oven on. My first selection? So called "Melting Cookies" They looked so similar to something my grandmother makes at Christmas, that I had to give them a try. With some altering of the shape of course. My grandmother's cookies are called snowballs and are perfectly round so I made small ball cookies instead of the crescent shape suggested by the recipe.... I am thinking next time I want to try some cardamom and ground almonds in the mix.


Recipe Courtesy of Food Network.
Now for a recipe that is all mine!
White chocolate, Dried Cranberry and Pecan Cookies

I went all out disgusting and made 1/4cup sized cookies...

White Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Pecans & Dried Cranberries

Servings 24

3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter -- softened
1 cup (227g) white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
10 ounces (285g) white chocolate
1 cup dried cranberries
Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 350 F (175C).
2.Cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
3.Stir in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
Stir in chocolate chunks, dried cranberries and pecans.
4.Drop by tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
5.Let cool slightly and enjoy.



9 comments:

Deetsa said...

The melting cookies look great. Not a big white chocolate fan but I know from a recipe the rest of my family likes that a hint of orange peel is a nice addition to all those ingredients in your cranberry pecan cookie.

Unknown said...

Ooh, I love the orange peel idea. That would be perfect!

Tuttigel, I wish I could read your blog ` but I don't understand the language. I get most of my pastry recipes from Epicurious.com

Nic said...

Both cookies look delicious, Linda. Great choices for the cookie swap!

Unknown said...

Thank you nic!

Anonymous said...

Linda--They look really good! Two batches! 5 lbs of butter put to good use!

Swamy VKN said...

Wow Linda! Gorgeous ones you have out here. Thank you for the recipe details.

My Dhaba's rock cookies are yet to be released. Cant wait anymore :-)

Robyn said...

Ahhhh! Melting cooies are so good and your picture makes them irresistable!

Anonymous said...

With these pictures I could immediately walk into the kitchen and start baking! A really good choice for the cookie swap.

Dinnerware Sets said...

There is alot going on in those cookies in the 2nd picture! :) Looks tasty!