Thursday, April 07, 2005

Homework

Okay, I promised I would talk about homework - there is a heck of a lot of it! In fact, i am taking a break from it to write this.
My homework from the first day was to read and absorb 3 chapters of my textbook, write out two recipes (chicken stock and brown stock), practice cutting flour and work on my Journal. Homework assigned on day 2, not due until next Monday, was to research and type up 24 vocabulary terms, type up two recipes (consomme and minestrone soup), read one more chapter of the textbook, practice knife cuts, particularily tourne, work on my journal and prepare for a small test on Monday.
Homework from yesterday seemed like an insane amount, but some of it isn't due right away. We have to write an essay on "The Holy Trinity" which is necessary for success in the food industry. We will discover what this holy trinity is by reading a couple chapters of "Becoming a Chef" - which I highly reccomend as good reading (and recipe) material for anyone interested in the food industry. We also need to start work on our research projects - mine is on Capsicum, and also on our group projects - I get to look at economic changes in Vancouver in the last 20 years and the possible effect on restaurant trends.....
On that note, I should get back to my reading...

No comments: