Tuesday, July 05, 2005

It is good to be back...

Well, first class in the kitchen and it felt so good to be back.My Tuesday/Wednesday class is North American Regional Cuisine, to be referred to as NARC from this point forward. First things first, the good news. They reinstated the old schedule!! I guess there was so much contention, they brought back the 4 day schedule. i couldn't be happier!
To class now. We had a lengthy intro before moving into our kitchen. There are some new faces in the class and some old ones. We had a simple asssignment ~ New England Clam Chowder, Cod Cakes with Tartare Sauce and Tomato Salad. My group came together well and everything turned out well. We plated individually, so here is my take on plating.

On a side note, I discovered the whereabouts of my missing paring knife ~ one of the boys I was working with kept his knife in his pocket the entire time, and when I asked if I could borrow it, he told me he had put it away. As soon as he left the room, I did a bad thing and opened up his knife kit and there was my knife, complete with my name engraved on the handle! I didn't say anything to him, just took it back. I mentioned it to Chef Soren, just in case he tries to cause trouble. What a loser, eh?

No comments: